I hope that I have made the right decision. Given the facts, it seems that we had no choice but to work against Cowl. I could not continue to do as we had given that he had obscured so much from us, and coupled with what we know about the clan and the cargo that Cowl has requested, I think we are on the right path.
However, Cowl’s reputation is well deserved, and I know that if we fail, the repercussions will be awful and inescapable. It pains me to know that we have involved ourselves in something so sinister. However, perhaps my ancestors are looking out for me, and through these trials, I will be able to prove my mettle and that of our team. We are certainly more than the sum of our parts, but this will be a tough test.
Before we can even get to that point, we must overcome our meeting with the clan. I fear that our decision to meet them in combat rather than to treat with them and explain our situation may be rash. Hopefully we do not do irreparable damage to the relationship. Without their help, there is no chance for us to take Cowl before he can bring his full forces to bear on us.
If everything does go wrong for us, though, I will try to sell the group on a quick escape. It won’t be glamorous, but we could make it to North America or South America or Australia or who knows where. With the materials we have just in our boat, I’m certain we could barter our way anywhere on the Earth. Of course, I would rather stay in our home in Macao, but sometimes necessity deems otherwise.
Hopefully all of this worry is for naught, but I find that too often the possibilities we do not plan for are the ones that become certainties.